- Mary - This is a round quilt that puts your wedge ruler skills to work. Pattern is free download with special fabric from Hoffman. Cutting is harder than sewing. Fri, Jul 15, 12:15-5:15; $39. We are out of the fabric necessary for this class but it will be back in the store in September, 2016. We will set another class after it arrives.
- Carolyn - The Tuffet has arrived in Santa Fe! This is a piece of furniture for you to make yourself. The kits for the Tuffet include the needed foam, wooden feet, and necessary simple hardware; you supply the fabric. Kits are available in the store. Pre-cut 2.5 in strips work well. This class is divided in two classes, Sign up separately for Part I and/or Part II. Great Christmas gifts.
Part I, Tues, Jul 19, 10-1, Sat, Aug 6, 9-12; $30
Part II: Tues, Aug 2, 10-1; Sat, Sep 3 9-12; $30
- Carolyn - It’s summer and warm. Time for a loose fitting top and beautiful fabrics. Choose a luscious oriental fabric or a cool rayon. This is easy to make and Carolyn will guide you through it beautifully. Thurs, Aug 11, 12:15-3:50; $30
- Louise - Beginners will feel welcome in this class. Use interesting fabrics, plain or busy background. Small or large. Great look to the quilt. Modern but traditional. Learn how to use templates to make unique shapes. Fri, Aug 19, 1-5; $30
A new class Katie is testing in Santa Fe and will later teach in China. Learn the basics of composing a well thought out Art Quilt. Start working on it and learn to work with opaque fabrics to create a transparent look. AS always Katie will cover a lot of territory! A small art quilt will be started. Mon-Tues, Sept 26-27, 10-4; $310.
- Katie PM - Learn to work with a full range of values to create depth and illumination. Discover the importance of the light-lights and the power of very darks and how to make the colors in-between enhance their impact. We will work with Grays, Black and White Prints and color. 1 day. Bring paper and fabric scissors, pencil and ruler, iron and ironing surface, glue stick
Fabrics and inspiration will be included in the kit. All fabrics will be fused and ready for use
Cost of kit is $35.00 (not inlcuded in class fee) Come rested...Wed, Sep 28, 10-4; $ 160